I came to New York City six years ago from Hong Kong. I got an Associate Degree in Sales and Marketing, and it was very useful for my jobs in the marketing and customer service departments at several credit card companies in Hong Kong. I have plenty of knowledge on running a business and how to conduct marketing plans, and promotion strategies to increase sales on the business.Reunion of Hong Kong back to China in 1997 is a big change to Hong Kong people. There was huge amount of people ran away from China and immigrated to other countries due to afraid of losing their freedom under the ruling of China Government. My family moved to New York City in pursuit of our dreams here in the country of freedom. Everything is totally different here although Hong Kong and New York City are both international cities. I--like many other new immigrants--had to start everything from scratch.
In order to increase my competitive ability as an Asian minority in this country, I decided to go back to school and study. So I am here at Baruch College majoring in Finance and Investment. In the mean time, I am also working full time at a bank and my short-term career goal is to be a financial advisor.
Moreover, my personal goal is to have my own business. Since now the China is growing strong and the economic condition in Hong Kong is very good. I hope that I can earn enough money in the finance field and go back to Hong Kong one day and open my restaurant in a commercial area. It is my dream.
1 comment:
interesting. an associates in marketing and back for more school. i applaud your pursuing of education and great entrepreneur goal.
Post a Comment