As what I said in my last post, my ultimate personal goal is to open a high end resturant in the commercial district in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is one of the five expensive city in the world in term of consumer goods and rent. So in order to achieve my personal goal I need to have a big lump sum of money to invest on my resturant business. Therefore, I need to well plan my career path in order to earn sufficient money in order to make my dream comes true.
To start up my business is my personal long term goal. To get a good job and success in my career in the coming five years is my short term goal. This short term goal is to be a successful financial advisor.But the first thing I should do is to get the banking licenses to do the jobs as financial advisor. Therefore, in the next 9 months period, besides schoolwork and full time job as customer service representative in a bank, I need to prepare for the examination to get those baking licenses. In addition, next year summer, I will apply for the consumer banker position in some international bank like: Chase, Citibank or HSBC. As my destination is Hong Kong, if I have the working experience working for those international banks, I think it is an advantage when I apply for a financial advisor in Hong Kong.
After 1 or 2 years of being consumer banker, I will apply for the financial advisor position. After 2 more years experience of being financial advisor and if the economic condition in Hong Kong is good, I will move back Hong Kong to continue my career path there.
In conclusion, in the coming five years, I will finish my college degree and to get the banking licenses for my future career and also gain sufficient experience to do well in the job of financial advisor.
Blog Archive
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey Mitch,
Your goal to go back to Hong Kong and open up a restaurant is great! The only thing I would tell you is to make sure you have some wiggle room for other events, besides that your goals are great and I wish you the best!
One question what audience are you going to market your restaurant towards?
Varun
Hey Mitch,
I think you really know what you wanted to do in your future. However, in terms of open up a restaurant, I advice you to be very cautious and do some detail research before invest your money in it since this is a risky business.
Mitch,
I agree with most of the posts and I am fascinated by your goal. It's very long term and I like the fact that you are anticipating changing careers in the future. According to some research that I read recently it is anticipated that on average Generation Y workers will switch their career paths 3-5 times throughout their lifetime.
Also, i think it's very cool that you plan on settling down to something less stressfull that you love doing in the future and that you have such in interesting challenging long term dream. I think it takes big balls and vision to think 20-30 years ahead. So, WAY TO GO!
As far as I go, my long term personal dreams (besides family, work, house and other boring stuff) are to venture out to space and learn how to fly a plane.
Hey,
Your goals are for the long term which entails you to have a detailed plan and also sufficient finances. Each of these needs a great deal of commitment and discipline. Also, to open a resturaunt, you need to know how a resturaunt operates. A high end resturaunt would require alot of experience in managing this business. To deal with finances, you may need to start thinking about business partners. Finding someone you can trust and someone who is willing to sacrifice would be beneficial.
Being a trader is hard work but I truly believe that my efforts would not be left unseen.
And yes I am Michelle's brother
It seems that your five year plan will work out. I just don't understand why you would get a bank license and build up your experience on financial advisement while your future goal is to open a restaurant. Does it mean: opening a restaurant is what you really like; and working as a financial advisor is only for money?
Becoming a FA is great. I think your mission on how to get to your goal is great...
Post a Comment